GSUCC Youth Group Information for Website
GSUCC has an active Youth Group for middle and high school aged children. The group is led by adult leaders who have completed the Safe Church Training. The purpose of our Youth Ministry is to provide a place where the young people feel accepted, loved and valued in a safe environment. The Youth have a well-rounded agenda where they are involved in community service, age appropriate group discussions, and social activities to promote friendship and Christian values.
Examples of activities include:
- A monthly service project with Dorcas Ministries at the Dorcas Thrift Shop
- Serving as Youth Liturgist
- Leading our annual Mother’s Day service
- Fun activities such as an annual pumpkin carving and pool party
- Summer faith conversations with the church pastor
The group meets monthly for a “Board” meeting to discuss and plan activities, as well as playing board games.
At GSUCC, we welcome all youth to be involved and offer their talents, ideas, and leadership to the church.