2 Corinthians 9:6-7
“Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”
The Stewardship Ministry is responsible for the financial resources of GSUCC and for encouraging members to use their time and talents to carry out the Church’s mission. The ministry consists of four members in addition to the the Treasurer and Assistant Treasurer(s). This Ministry focuses its efforts on the objectives and tasks related to the 6 Cs, giving particular attention to Covenant and Creative.
The principle duties of the Stewardship Ministry are:
· To seek the support of the congregation financially, as well as utilize the time and many talents of its members to in turn make GSUCC a place that our members can turn to for support.
· To coordinate the annual pledge drive in preparation for the next year's budget.
· To submit the annual budget to the congregation for approval.
· To work in coordination with other ministries to schedule and approve all fund raising events for the church
· To seek innovative ideas to support the church and its members.