The purpose of this Ministry is to help the congregation to fulfill its covenant “to study and practice the word of God” by providing educational opportunities and programs for all ages. This Ministry should strategically plan efforts to engage children and families by focusing on the 6 C’s, giving particular attention to Children and Communion.
Working with the Director of Faith Formation, this ministry will:
- Recruit and support Church school teachers and other class leaders, assign and assure adequate space, order and evaluate curriculum, and provide educational equipment and general supplies;
- Encourage participate in educational opportunities provided by the conference and the wider Christian community;
- Oversee the nursery during worship and Church activities;
- Coordinate youth group activities and events for families with younger children;
- Consider holistic short and long-term family engagement goals;
Provide training, conduct background checks and keep records of employees and volunteers working with our children and youth in compliance with our Safe Church policies with the assistance of a Staff Relations contact.