The purpose of this Ministry is to help the Church fulfill its covenant “in celebrating God’s love for all people and creation” through the proclamation of the Good News of Jesus Christ. This Ministry should focus efforts related to the 6 C’s, giving particular attention to Cross-Cultural, Creative and Community.
This ministry shall be responsible for:
- Arranging for greeters to welcome visitors and congregation at worship services (which includes supplying and encouraging the use of name tags) and keeping a roster of visitors;
- Providing information on Good Shepherd United Church of Christ and the United Church of Christ to first-time local visitors;
- Maintaining regular contact with members of the congregation (which will include updating the prayer list as well as a list of shut-ins and members that are hospitalized); provide cards, visits, meals, and/or visits to those who are in need.
- Following up with new members to help them engage in the ministries of the congregation.
- Conducting an annual review of the membership roll in conjunction with the Office of the Treasurer and Pastor(s).
- Maintaining the time and talents Ministry Surveys as necessary to assess the congregation’s gifts and encourage the other ministries to make use of these gifts;