Music is an integral component of worship at Good Shepherd United Church of Christ in Cary. It is thoughtfully incorporated into the service to enhance the theme and encourage connection with God and one another. Our music reflects the diversity of our membership. Each service provides opportunities for congregational singing, including old favorite hymns and new tunes from various genres and church traditions. You may also hear an anthem by the choir, an up-tempo number by the praise team, a trumpet or piano solo, or a children’s choir accompanied by ukulele.
In addition to robust congregational singing, our music life includes:
- Traditional Choir—meets for rehearsals most Wednesday evenings and sings many Sundays Sept-June
- Praise Team—meets for rehearsal one Wednesday evening and sings one Sunday per month all year
- Men’s/Women’s Chorales—occasional Sunday morning rehearsals, sing 1-2 services per year
- Children’s Chorale—usually rehearses during Sunday school, sings 3-4 services per year
- Solos/Duets—vocal, instrumental, or dance for summer worship and other services as needed
Participation in the music ministry is open to everyone of all ages and skill levels, with no audition required. Whether you are a music professional or a novice, a retiree or just starting school, you are welcome and encouraged to share your gifts and talents.